Workshops will be held at the conference venue on the 16th and 17th April 2023, before the main track of the ECSconference2023 (18-20 April).
We invite you to submit workshop proposals in any area related to marine mammal science for the 34th European Cetacean Society Conference (April 16-20 Galicia, NW Spain). In particular, workshops on challenging, emerging areas related to the 2023 conference topic (“Our Oceans, Our Future. Marine Mammal Behavioural Ecology & The Sustainable Use of Marine Resources”) if appropriate, but doing so is not necessary.
We particularly encourage proposals for highly interactive and collaborative workshops to foster new ideas and gather feedback.
Each workshop proposal must include:
- Title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the goals and the technical issues that will be the focus of the workshop.
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information)
- Preferred date (16th or 17th April) and duration of the workshop (Half-day or Full-day)
- Tentative program; maximum number of participants (unique, creative and novel workshop formats are strongly encouraged).
Workshop Proposals and any related enquiries should be sent by email to the ECS2023 local organizing committee (email@example.com). The LOC will be glad to provide workshop organizers with advice on every aspect of organizing the event including the logistics and venue.
Workshop chair(s) will be responsible for the following:
1. Assuming full responsibility for the workshop presentation, review process, and registrations. There will be additional cost for workshop participants that are NOT included in the registration costs for the ECS conference (20 euros for half-day and 30-euros for full day).
2. Selecting the participants and the workshop format.
3. Promoting the workshop beyond the conference web page.
4. If the workshop is too small (i.e., does not attract enough participants), the ECS 2023 Organizing Committee may propose merging that workshop with another workshop with a similar topic. We therefore encourage workshop organizers to attract a large community. In extreme situations, we may also cancel workshops if there is not a sufficient number of submissions.
5. Organizers (including co-organizers) are expected to attend their entire workshop, and to provide a summary of the event to the ECS 2023 organizers.
Workshops Proposal Submission deadline 12 January 2023 23:45 CET
ECS 2023 Early registration deadline 15 Feb 2023 23:45 CET
ECS 2023 Late registration deadline 15 Mar 2023 23:45 CET
We hope that scientists and students from all over the world will visit Galicia!